In all my years on this Earth, three shows have been very influential in molding and shaping the personality that I am today: Looney Tunes, The Marx Brothers, and The Muppet Show. The first two are self-explanatory. I mean, who can argue with the comic genius of "DUCK SEASON! WABBIT SEASON!" or "One morning, I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas I'll never know." But I can prove to you that all of life's lessons you'll ever need, you'll find on The Muppet Show.
1. Genius is ALWAYS misunderstood.
2. When dating a pig, NEVER make any bacon or pork chop jokes.
3. It always helps to have a loyal sidekick.
4. No matter how funny you are, there will always be two crotchety old men heckling you.
5. The green guy is ALWAYS the star.
What did I tell ya? The first three seasons of "The Muppet Show" are available on DVD right now. So, if these five examples didn't prove it to you, go pick them up for more of life's lessons. You'll thank me for it!